Directorate Of Curriculum, Research & Development (DCRD)
The state of AJ&K also established directorate of Curriculum and Research Development (DCRD) which is responsible for curriculum and research development in the State in AJ&K. This directorate is headed by DPI (BPS-20) and assisted by one Deputy Director in supervising 6 districts education Institutes for Teacher Education (3 for males and 3 for females). It also reviews the work of Subject Specialists, and other supporting staff through Deputy Director Training while the Deputy Director (Admin.) supervises the work of Audit, Librarian, Budget and Administrative Officer and Office Superintendent.
Functions of DCRD
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Co-operation and coordination among stakeholders to implement “New Education Policy” 2009 along with “New Scheme of studies” 2007.
- Textbooks Review and Feedback
- Curriculum Research and Management
- Material development for Training of Educational Managers
- Contributing as member in the meeting of Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) on academic matters